The CSEES is looking for an University Assistant without doctorate
The Centre for Southeast European Studies is looking for an University Assistant without doctorate
(20 hours a week; employment from 15 September 15, 2017 until August 31, 2019)
• Contribution to collaborative, third-party research (application, project management and realisation)
• Independent research, particularly for a PhD research project
• Teaching and teaching support
• Student supervision
• Administrative support
• Masters degree in the humanities or social sciences
• Background in cultural studies, anthropology, comparative politics and international relations, contemporary history, Islamic and Oriental Studies or in Middle Eastern Studies
• Area studies knowledge of Turkey or another country in Southeast Europe
• Experience in comparative scholarly research (a background in quantitative methodologies is welcome, willingness to work with qualitative methods is required)
• Very good command of English, knowledge of Turkish or of a southeast European language
• Innovative thinking and commitment to independent academic work
• Openness towards new research questions and methods
• Excellent communications- and management skills
• Outstanding social skills and teamwork abilities Classification
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 1,365.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: June 28th 2017
Reference Number: MB/110/99 ex 2016/17
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply. Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position. If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application. Please submit your application as one PdF file only, with a statement of motivation (1 page), a proposal for a PhD project (2 pages), a short narrative CV (1 page), a full CV (3 pages), contact details of two referees, who are ready to swiftly submit a reference letter. Please submit your file to:
For further information please contact Univ.Prof. Dr. Kerem Öktem at firstname.lastname@example.org.