CfA: BiEPAG Fellowship 2017-18
The present call for applicants seeks two research fellows to conduct a three months research stay at the University of Graz, Austria, between 1 December 2017 and 28 February 2018, assisting the research efforts of the Balkans in Europe Policy Advisory Group (BiEPAG), commissioned by the European Fund for the Balkans (EFB).
As required in the Terms of Reference, the fellows will contribute to the work of the BiEPAG. BiEPAG is an open group of policy analysts, scholars and researchers, established as a joint initiative of the EFB and the Centre for Southeast European Studies of the University of Graz (CSEES). The aim of the fellowship is to support the work of the BiEPAG in fostering the integration of the Western Balkans in the European Union, and to contribute to the consolidation of democracy in the region, through the facilitation of evidence-based research.
The main fellowship components are summed up below.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Participating in BiEPAG meetings;
• Assisting the BiEPAG coordinator in preparing a study on the future of the EU integration process in the Western Balkans.
• Providing research based support to the BiEPAG coordinator.
• Assisting with the production of the final report, of at least 25 pages, with clear recommendations needed for the successful continuation of the EU integration in the Western Balkans.
• Producing at least one short text (1000 words max) for the BiEPAG blog (http://www.biepag.eu/biepag-blog/);
• Present relevant findings in a BiEPAG meeting.
As compensation for the provided services the Fellow will be paid 1500 EUR Gross per month for the entire duration of the fellowship. The fellowship does not provide additional funds for transport and stay in Graz.
How to Apply:
Candidates for the position should send their full length CV including a list of publications, along with a short narrative biographical statement (max. 100 words) and a letter of interest (max. 500 words) to Marko Kmezic (email@example.com) by the 5th of November 2017. Please note that only successful applicants will be notified.